Sunday, November 4, 2012


Hi folks!

Good and bad news.

Bad news first: I'm discontinuing the Tower of Heroes. It's been a good time and it almost feels like leaving my home, but that brings me to the far better good news!

I'm now a part of the newly founded PumpkinPainter blog!
There's five authors instead of one, far more action and lots and lots of miniatures. So I'd be happy if you would follow me to my new internet home:

Thanks for your support over the last couple of years and I hope to see you there!

Kind Regards,

Wednesday, October 24, 2012


Thought of the day: Oil colours for the win! Colour stripping bath for the Necron Lord! ;) Damn I really failed at that model...

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Massive Voodoo on Indiegogo

Hey guys,

take a look at this nice crowdfunding project by Massivevoodoo!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Horthak continued

Made some progress with the leather and the skin. Tried to bring some more life in the character.
Still a long way to go...

Friday, October 12, 2012


I've continued another old project. Horthak the Blackcrow from Andrea Miniatures.
Back in the time wehen I started this mini, I obviously wasn't as acurate at cleaning the model from moldlines as I am today. However, I'm starting to like the results. (And I seem to start coming along with my camera more and more) :)

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Terminator Chaplain FOR SALE TOO!

After a long day of painting I've finished the chaplain.
And it's for saaaaaale! ;)


Imperial Standardbearer FOR SALE!

Check out this ebay auction. I'm selling my Empire Swordman:

There's a link on the right side of the main page too.

Cheers, Androsch

Blood Angels - Strike Force Venesection

I've started to paint a Blood Angels Army as a birthday present for a friend of mine. Should be a rather quick job, so I'm airbrushing and layering a lot. So far I finished a tactical squad, a cybot and a razorback. Thanks to Darkezekiel who painted a the captain for the army. :) Oh, and I even used decals. I never use decals... well now I do. ^^

(alternate weapons)

Still to come: Deathcompany, assaultmarines, honourguard, more tacticals, devastators and a lot of characters! ;)


Saturday, October 6, 2012

Latest Work


Back again after a while. Here's two of my recently finished minis: an empire swordsman which I painted on Jarhead's workshop in Graz and Typhus, of which I took some final photos.

I also conquered some new grounds and tried my luck on Dystopian Wars. The outcome: a freshly painted Kingdom of Britannia Fleet (one of the ships still misses a part ;)).

And a WIP shoot. Started this guy looooong ago. Decided to finish him and reworked the skull and the base until now:

Cheers, Androsch

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sunday, July 22, 2012

New stuff


I'd like to share some of my latest minis with you, some almost finished, some more or less getting their first touch of color. First of all, take a look at Brom, the Hard Bark (I think that was his name^^):

I also did a little lady from Redbox Games. Thought she was finished, but I saw a spot I missed while taking the photos...

Next one, you can never have enough cyber-cherubims! ^^

And finally, my current Golden Demon project. Grandmaster Mordrak and his squad of ghosts (free translation). Airbrushing is done so far and he's starting to get a face:

Your's truly,

Thursday, May 31, 2012


Had some time for painting again (error 37 anyone? ^^). I was working on a lizardmen commission for our local shopkeeper (sorry man, you're waiting for ages now). I got a regiment of skinks which were already painted and was asked do make some jungle bases for a bigger regiment. I added some larger bases with a dinosaur and a little dragon, some parts from the stegadon and aquarium plants. Still some finishing work to do, but they're almost done. Oh yes and I also did a new stegandon. ;) Took some photos during the process, so you can see how they developed.

They're meant for gaming of course, so this may not be top-notch painting quality, but I still think they're coming along nicely.


Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Epic fail...

... I love it when that happens ^^

Tutorial - How to quickly make a banner from transparent foil

Hi there!

I'm painting an imperial standard-bearer at the moment for whom I decided to make a new banner, 'cause I wanted something more dynamic than the standard GW banners. Well, I got a tip to try transparent foil (I'm not sure if that's the right expression, it's the stuff on which you write and project it to the wall then ;)) and it turned out pretty good. I was wise enough to shot some photos in the process to be able to do this tutorial! :)
Ok let's start!

1) The tools you need: a caliper, a knife, tweezers and a cigarette lighter

2) Cut the transparent foil into a shape you like. I chose a triangular one.

3) Now the tricky part. Heat up the plastic with the cigarette lighter. Don't get to close  to it, you don't want to melt it. When you have the right distance it will start to bend  after some time. It usually bends to the side where the heat comes from. Play with that to get the desired shape. You can use the tweezers here too, but you have to be quick! ;)

4) You should end up with something like this... (I already sanded it a bit here)

5) Attach it to the bannerpole. I used some pattafix here to try some angles before glueing it.

6) Then glue it on there forever. Superglue activator is really usefull here.

7) You may use some Liguid Green Stuff or some other putty you like to make the transition to the pole more convincing. I also gave it a thin coat to make the plastic a bit stiffer, but it didn't work. Maybe Milliput or Magic Sculpt would have worked better for that.

8) And that what it looks like after airbrushing...

The whole thing didn't take more then half an our to finish (even with taking photos in between).

So that's it. I hope I was able to give you some inspiration for future banners! ;)